Spanish Peaks Department of Rehabilitative Services provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services for our hospital patients, Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center residents, and outpatient services for residents of our community.
Physical Therapists are trained to improve functional movement with emphasis on .
- Sports injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Motor vehicle injuries
- Balance disorders
- Postural correction
- Low back and neck pain
- Knee and shoulder pain
Meet our staff:
Jean Renzelman, PT 30+ years of experience
Hannah Larson, DPT Doctorate of physical therapy with 2+ years of experience
Margo Wilkinson, PTA, 4+ years experience
Occupational therapist's focus treatment on helping people achieve independence in all areas of their lives. Some of the diagnoses we work with include:
- Traumatic injuries (brain or spinal cord)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Broken bones or other orthopedic injuries
- Developmental delays
- Post-surgical conditions
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and other chronic illnesses
Meet our staff:
Andrea Crosson, OTR
Therapy Director 26 years of experience
A Speech Language Pathologist is trained in identifying and treating communication and swallowing disorders. Some issues we address are:
- Swallowing problems, we also offer modified barium swallow assessment
- Speech disorders which include difficulties producing sounds in syllables or saying words incorrectly to the extent that other people can't understand what's being stated.
- Resonance or voice disorders include problems with the pitch, volume, or quality of voice that may distract listeners from what's being stated.
- Language disorders can be either receptive or expressive. Receptive disorders refer to difficulties understanding or processing language. Expressive disorders include difficulty putting words together, limited vocabulary, or inability to use language in a socially appropriate way
- Cognitive language disorders
Meet our speech therapist:
Karen Malone, MACCC-SLP with 26 years of experience
Once we receive the order for therapy services from your physician, your initial consultation will be scheduled. Your therapist will review your history and work with you to evaluate your problems, strengths/weaknesses and areas of concern. This initial assessment, combined with your personal goals, will serve as the baseline for developing an appropriate and highly individualized treatment plan. We provide services for all ages and diagnosis.
When you contact our office, you will speak to Geri Craddock who will be happy to answer your questions or schedule, an appointment, 719-738-5155.