Spanish Peaks Hospital is staffed by an experienced and well trained surgical staff and offers a number of surgeons and specialists who together offer the following services:
- General Surgeries
- Podiatric Surgery (or surgery of the foot and ankle)
- Gynecological Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Removing the gallbladder
- Removing the appendix
- Repairing various types of hernias
- Removal and pathologic examination of various lumps and bumps also called lesions
- Interventional Pain injections-a variety of injections that treat specific typed of back pain
- Facet Injection
- Epidural steroid injections
- Trigger Point Injections
- Gatro Intestinal Procedures
- EGD-Fiber optic Examination of the esophagus and stomach. Used for diagnosing and monitoring ulcers, heartburn and irritations of the stomach and esophagus. Also used in monitoring those at increased risk for esophageal cancer
- Colonoscopy - Fiber optic examination of the large intestine. Diagnosing and monitoring those with a high risk for colon cancer (finding and removing polys), and irritations and diseases of the large intestine like Chron's disease or Ulcerative Colitis.
- Placement of feeding tubes for those who are unable to obtain nutrition by chewing and swallowing.
- Otolaryngology - Also call ENT for Ears Nose and Throat
- Removing tonsils
- Removing Adenoids
- Placement of Ear Tubes
- Some sinus surgeries
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgically repairing bone fractures
- Surgery to relieve Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Arthroscopic (fiber optic) evaluation and treatment of problems with the knee and shoulder joints. Example: arthritis.
- Surgical removal of cataracts
- Corneal transplants
- Surgical removal of various lesions on the eye and lids of the eye.
- Placement of stents for the treatment of high pressure in the eye known as glaucoma
Without leaving your community you have access to EGDs and colonoscopies provided by double boarded gastroenterologists; cataract surgery, corneal transplants, eye stents and other ophthalmic procedures performed by a board certified Ophthalmologist who travels from Colorado Springs to our community.
General surgical procedures such as hernia repairs, gall bladder surgery, appendectomies and more performed by our very own board certified general surgeon, Dr. Dale Gillan. We also have two anesthesia providers available for interventional pain injections that help with chronic back pain.
We have a board certified Otolaryngologist who performs tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, placement of ear tubes and sinus surgeries.
Surgery / Specialty Services
Hours: Monday- Friday 7am-4pm
Call for information and clinic schedules: (719) 738-5186
(Or call your Primary Care Doctor to arrange an Appointment)
- Allergy/Asthma Ganapathy Bala, MD Cardiology Mathew Sumpter, MD Gastroenterology Atul Vahil, MD Camille Azar, MD Vishnupriya Krishna, MD
- General Surgery Charles Yeagle, MD
- Gynecology John “Sandy” Carlton, MD
- Neurosurgery Steven C. Zielinski , MD
- Oncology Martin Rubinowitz, MD Orthopedics Thomas Hoffeld, MD Pain Clinic Douglas Hess, MD
- Podiatry Christopher DiPersio, DPM Gordon Rheaume, DPM
- Urology Tony Feliz, MD Gerald Cichocki, MD
- Wound Care Clinic Anodyne Therapy
Services at our Spanish Peaks Outreach and Women's Clinic Call (719) 738-2718